That Aussie fellow is back with a look at an oldie but a goodie podcast.
PulpMX Podcast Rewind Number 54
By Dave O'Rourke
Well the more things change the more they stay the same. In this weeks PPR I thought I’d take a look at the inaugural Motocross Season preview podcast by the original 3 Amigos. Steve Matthes, Jason Weigandt and Jason Thomas. Although Matthes keeps referring to it as a three way, which is disturbing to say the least.
This podcast took place in the gap between the 2008 Supercross and Motocross seasons. Some points below that I thought that mirror the 2012 season are below.
· James Stewart is a question mark coming into the season but everyone thinks he’s going to be fast and hard to beat.
· Ben Townley is injured prior to the start of the MX Season.
· Mike Alessi will definitely be a podium threat.
· Chad Reed is not racing.
· Dungey will be a title threat (albeit in the MX2 class).
Things that are completely different.
· J-Law has just won an SX title and the hosts ponder if he is in jail or will line up at round one. (he actually went 1-5 for 3rd overall with Stroupe going 2-3 for 1st overall) WOW
· Chad Sanner was mentioned as a wild card as an actual racer.
· Sean Hamblin is a sleeper pick for the series.
· Nick Wey was a factory KTM rider
· A night time event is on the schedule (what happened to that?)
Interesting facts that we can reflect on with hindsight.
· So James went 24-0 in 2008. Who got second in that series?? The one and only Timmy Ferry without ever leading a lap.
· Who was the highest placing Alessi in the outdoor nationals?? I would not have guessed Jeff, he got and 8th overall to Mikes tenth.
· Bobby Fitch scored the RC Hard charger award. Never heard of him? Me either!
· The 450 riders were racing the Motocross class at the Motocross Race.
· Matthes called Ferry to get a 3-4 result at Glen Helen. He got a 4-4. Impressive.
· JT called Josh Summey and Weege called Juss Lansoo as sleepers for the “Motocross” class. Neither finished in the top 10 in points.
These podcast s are really fun to listen to, knowing what has played out since so I hope you enjoy. I did!!
Click HERE to listen to it or check Itunes under Steve Matthes Classics.